Daniel Dubois v Joe Joyce announced for October 24 as heavyweight clash set to go ahead WITH fans
The heavyweight dust-up between Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce has been announced for October 24 at The 02 Arena, with promoter Frank Warren hoping to stage the fight in front of a crowd.
The two undefeated Brits were originally set to clash in April, but the show was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
And now, after Warren previously stating the fight would have to take place with a crowd in order for it to make financial sense, a date has now been confirmed.
Speaking about the clash, he said: "It will be a fight to remember and what a boost for British boxing.
"Everyone wants to see it. Lockdown has meant a delay, but we all want the fight to take place in October and we are hopeful that the government will give us the all clear.
"What a position the winner will be in. They will be nailed on for a world title shot in 2021."
Joyce, 34, is 12 years older than Dubois and has an impressive amateur pedigree which includes a silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
However, Dubois has had more professional bouts as he turned over as a young teenager and has knocked out all but one of his 12 opponents.
On Twitter, Dubois said: "New date bring it on!!! #DDD #EveryBelt."
And Joyce added: "We’re back on! This is the Fight we have all been patiently waiting for.
"I can’t wait to get back under the lights @TheO2 October 24th! #SeekAndDestroy #JoycevsDubois #THEJUGGERNAUT."